Sunday, October 9, 2011

Wood mezuzah case from the past

Travel within Israel and especially of Jerusalem, A special city that has an atmosphere not always possible to define, I decided to drop visit shaked designs gallery store.
Long time since I've been there. Artist usual white kippa and a big smile on his face. He has just finished another piece of art and ask me for my opinion. It was a beautiful olive  wood Mezuzah case . The artist smiled at me.

The mezuzah case and Mysterious jewish

"Do you remember a this mezuzah case?" He asked
I did not answer. I do not remember this  Mezuzah case.
The artist tried again, "You've seen it before maybe a little differently..."
I strained my memory but I could not understand what the artist wants me to. The mezuzah case  is where I see the first time in my life.
The artist  reminded me of my Previous visit where he showed me a Piece of םךןהק wood  tree that he found. It was simply a piece of wood. I never imagined that the industry can convert into a prestigious Cover.
I asked him how it happened?
The artist continued to smile.
"With lots of patience, work, creation."
"...That's what I do is what I like" concluded.

Back to judaica gallery

Then as usual we had coffee and we passed the new Judaica products manufactured
I always like to see him, the experience is beyond the normal Judaica Gallery. The mountains around Jerusalem and the simplicity of the place with the creative fire enable you to enjoy every minute of this trip

No comments: